Protein is one of the main source for your cat diet. About at least 26 percent of an adult cat`s diet should be protein. So now the is question which food is good for your cat, Homemade Food or Canned food.
Homemade Food Vs Canned Food
The good thing about the home made food is, you know the purity of food you are who to decide what is in it. But there are drawbacks of home food over packaged food, for home made food you have to be a nutritionist or dietician, so that you know whats good or bad for your cat health.
So now a days when we don’t have too much time, the packaged or ready to eat foods are good for cats. Now the question is how to select a food for your cat.
Selection of Foods
1. Cat foods are divided into three main categories of nutrition: Protein, fat and carbohydrate.
2. Different kind of animals need different proportions of protein, fat and carbohydrate , so it should be maintained.
3. A kitten and adult cat both have different needs of food and nutrition.
Different type of foods
1. Dry cat food – Also called kibble. Like its name: crunchy nuggets. Can be stored for a long time.
2. Wet or canned cat food- Life of food is long enough unless it`s not opened.
3. Semimoist cat food
Benefits of Packaged or Ready to Eat Food
You are not required be a nutritionist . Most of the pet food brands or companies have special formulas for a particular level of age and activity. And the best part is all the nutrients listed on the packing.
Natural Balance Dry Cat Food, Limited Ingredient Diet Green Pea and Duck Formula, 10 Pound Bag
Complete Natural Nutrition Real Food Toppers Pure Chicken Breast Treats for Dogs & Cats, 4-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 2)
Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Indoor Dry Cat Food, 7-Pound Bag
Hill's Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Turkey and Giblets Entree Minced Cat Food, 3-Ounce Can, 24-Pack